Mom Suggests I Should Stop Wearing Black

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah- My mom -BlahBlahBlah- started telling me that she wanted me to make more friends at a camp in which we have a permanent campsite and spend almost every weekend at. -BlahBlahBlah- I'm goth, -BlahBlahBlah- I honestly do try to make friends with other girls, but no one takes me seriously -BlahBlahBlah- makes fun of me. -BlahBlahBlah- I told my mom this,and she told me that maybe I should stop wearing black. This is the same mother who has been proud of me for being who I am instead of giving in to peer pressure and encourages me to be who I want to be. -BlahBlahBlah- I have plenty of friends at home, -BlahBlahBlah- She also said that "I haven't been happy lately". I've been perfectly fine! Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I'm incapable of feeling, -BlahBlahBlah-

Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-

______________________________________________________________



With most mass-marketed youth cultures, you start out as a poser and then you graduate into petty crime or becoming sorta good at riding a skate board.

With the freedom that your mom gave you (to march to your own drum) you picked a "sub culture," which comes to fruition once you're branded as a pariah.

Realistically, you made a shit decision and parental intervention is appropriate.


My advice to you: Take a break from your independence and let your mom make some of your decisions until you've spent enough time outside your comfort zone to earn being cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment