My Teen is Not Motivated to Get a Job

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,

-BlahBlahBlah- I need ideas on how to motivate my son to find a part time job. He's 17 -BlahBlahBlah- I've sat with him & shown him how to search for jobs online. I've also told him to go around the shops to look for adverts in shop windows -BlahBlahBlah- he won't do any unless I prompt him & then he quickly forgets about looking for a job. -BlahBlahBlah- I'm considering this....if in say 5/6 weeks no job, then I'll limit his pocket money -BlahBlahBlah- If by another 5/6 weeks no job, I'll reduce it again -BlahBlahBlah- In another so many weeks & still no job = no pocket money. The next step will be that he'll have to pay for his own guitar lessons -BlahBlahBlah- is it a good idea to go down this route or is there any other way I can motivate him? -BlahBlahBlah-


Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________





So, this kid has got 15 weeks before you stop giving him money and paying for his guitar lessons?

Come on lady. Teenagers don't self motivate when given 4 months of slow acclimation to being broke. That's a good way to teach the kid how to survive being poor, but if you want him to get a fucking job, maybe you should try parenting.

Remember how there was a time when your kid would - like - starve whenever you'd forget to feed him?

It's kind of like that.



My advice to you: Get off your ass and go find your son a job.



No comments:

Post a Comment