Should I be the Bigger Man?

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,

-BlahBlahBlah- bad breakup with my girlfriend of three and a half years. She basically cheated on me -BlahBlahBlah- told me she wanted a break with no dating, then went on a date -BlahBlahBlah- left me for the guy. The guy is 7 years older than her and has taught her martial arts since middle school. -BlahBlahBlah- I went home for support through this, and subsequently a lot of people know the story. Now my ex, -BlahBlahBlah- is worried that word will get around to her parents in our hometown. We are both in college, she still lives at home when she's not at school, and is afraid her parents won't let her come back home or buy her the car she wants if they know. -BlahBlahBlah- My friend wants to send an anonymous letter to her parents to let them know the situation. -BlahBlahBlah-should I encourage my friend -BlahBlahBlah-



Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________



That shit won't work.

Her parents will consider, no matter what, that you (the disgruntled boyfriend) could be the one sending the letter. Even having the parents assume that someone sent it on your behalf is going to discredit the letter.

Here's how the post letter conversation will go: "Hey, did you cheat on your boyfriend?"
"No! He thinks I did because he made it impossible for me to break up with him."
"It says here, you're also dating your Karate instructor."
"... ... I... I... I didn't feel safe," and then she'll pretend to cry.

For this letter to be effective, your only real option is to write it in the voice of a concerned party who's noticed that their daughter is dating her karate instructor. Being that no one cares when they see a Karate instructor eating dinner with his student, you'll have to lie about witnessing them car-fucking or something equally as scandalous, otherwise who gives a shit?

When it comes to lying in the letter, I highly advise you go with the car-fucking lie. Then, if her dad still gets her a new car, he'll get her a 2-seater so she can't fuck in it.

The chances of it actually working are not that great, but one thing is for certain, it's a total bitch move.



My advice to you: Grow some balls and take the highroad. Enroll in this dude's Karate class. If he turns you away, you still win and it will drive her crazy. It's a business decision so he's likely to take the bait. Then one day, you might get the chance to kick his ass and take his title... right in front of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment